Monday, May 9, 2011

cake: her favorite present

My little girl turned three this year. *sniff, sniff* Her birthday was over a month ago, and I'm finally getting around to posting birthday cake pictures.. It was a simple cake, so this won't take long. :)

We started with 2 - 9 in. rounds and 2 - 6 in. rounds of strawberry (boxed of course!!) cake mix. I did one of each size pan per box of mix. I ended up with this:


I iced with buttercream icing (store bought once again). I tinted the icing pink, and of course once the cake was completely iced, I realized I should have added more food coloring. Oh well, she didn't realize her cake was pepto bismol color!


I inserted lollipops all over the cake, including a larger one on top with her new age!!! And ...Voila!






It's safe to say that the birthday girl was impressed! She's the only one that counts, after all!!


She even thought it tasted okay. :)


My son's birthday is coming up in September and I have some really cute inspirations/ ideas for his cake! I can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment